Monday, February 23, 2015

Review-Playing With Fire by Paisley Walker



My name is Laken Thompson, and I have come up with an idea that is too good to surpass. Being a twenty five year old that just graduated college and has accrued an insane amount of debt it’s the best thing I can think of. I am auctioning off the most precious thing I have. My virginity.

What I wasn’t planning on was the man that changed everything. Asher Braxton, the epitome of stunning. The man that has everything, except for me. I’ve run for months from the devilishly handsome man stalking me like some prey. Just when I thought I evaded his advances his voice is the one I hear to make a bid. On shaky legs I pray that someone will outbid him, but the thought in my head is… I’m playing with fire and this time I hope I don’t get burned.

Amazon Buy Link-http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S7R0CTW
Barnes and Noble- http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/playing-with-fire-paisley-walker/1121246054?ean=2940151278959


Playing with fire....
The title is so true. This book starts out with a spark between Laken and Asher, slowly with Paisley's words being the oxygen to ignite the fire. Once it sparks, its gone like a wildfire. Asher was amazing throughout, certainly a playboy, but amazing none the less. Laken was book smart, not necessarily street smart, hence the virginity thing. Their story is one that even though the title is Playing With Fire, it is more slow burn to ignition. Once it gets going, it really, really gets going. Take a chance on this, I am almost certain you won't be sorry. 
Blakely, who is Laken's best friend is absolutely amazing. She was perfect in her one liners, her ability to push Laken to know exactly what she needs to get her out of her comfort zone. Everyone needs a Blakely.
Perfect line of the book-
"It would be called something else if it were easy babe, falling requires the beat downs and the pick me ups"
I think that if you like an angsty read with lots of steam then this is right for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment